Questions and Inquiry
My primary research concerns the relationship among question-based (erotetic) reasoning, epistemic norms of inquiry, and the pragmatics of question-asking.
- "Seeking Confirmation: A Puzzle for Norms of Inquiry." Analysis. 2020. [Pre-Print]
- "Questions, Perspectives, and Epistemic Value." In Knowledge for a Human Point of View. edited by M. Massimi. Dordrecht: Springer, 2020. (with Kareem Khalifa).
- "Explanatory Obligations," Episteme. 2020. (with Kareem Khalifa).
- "A Cut-free Sequent Calculus for Defeasible Erotetic Inferences," Studia Logica. 2018. [Pre-Print]
- "Queries and Assertions in Minimally Discursive Practice," AISB'50. 2014.
- How to Ask a Question in the Space of Reasons, PhD Thesis, Emory University, 2014