My research areas include logic, philosophy of language, philosophy of science, and critical theory. I am currently working with Kareem Khalifa (Middlebury College) and Mark Risjord (Emory University) on a new approach to explanation and abductive reasoning. I am also developing a logic for explanatory inference with Christian Strasser (Uni Bochum).
- "Counterfactuals and Explanatory Pluralism," British Journal for the Philosophy of Science. 2018. (with Kareem Khalifa and Gabe Doble).
- "Inference, Explanation, and Asymmetry," Synthese. 2018. (with Kareem Khalifa and Mark Risjord).
- "Inferentialist-Expressivism for Explanatory Vocabulary," From Rules to Meaning: New Essays in Inferentialism. 2018. (with Kareem Khalifa and Mark Risjord).
- "Inference to the Best Explanation: Fundamentalism's Failures," Best Explanations: New Essays on Inference to the Best Explanation. 2017. (with Kareem Khalifa and Mark Risjord).
- "Queries and Assertions in Minimally Discursive Practice," AISB'50. 2014.
- "Context and Creation: The Significance of Kant's Third Critique for Dilthey's Hermeneutics of History." Recent Contributions to Dilthey's Philosophy of the Human Sciences. 2011.
- "The Reflexive Relativism of Georg Simmel," Journal of Speculative Philosophy. 2009.
- "Phenomenology's Negative Dialectic: Adorno's Critique of Husserl's Epistemological Foundationalism," Philosophical Forum. 2008.